HTML: Hypertext Markup Language
Full form of HTML is Hypertext markup language.
What is HTML
A Hypertext markup language is the industry-standard language for describing the content and the layout of a web page.
HTML is made up of tags and attributes that work together to identify document parts and tells the browser how to display them.
An HTML document is also known as web pages or web documents. Each website is composed of multiple pages, and one can switch among the pages using hyperlinks.
The collection of HTML pages makes world wide web for a website. A web page or HTML document is a text file that contains text matter, images, sound and hyperlinks to other pages and commands to format them.
To see the output of an HTML document or a web page, a web browser is required example – web browsers Netscape navigator, internet explorer, etc.
The computer that posts the document is known as a web server and must run a particular application called web server application. This acknowledges the request made by the client and supplies the requested documents.
The browser on the client-side gets the document and display it on the screen.
How HTML works
Html starts with <html> tag and ends with </html>. When ever we open a tag we must close it with adding / example: <body> </body>
.html extension is used to save a HTML document.
Example of HTML Document
<h1>This is Unofficials Group</h1>
<p>Full form of Unofficials Group</p>
Advantages of Disadvantages of HTML
Benefits of HTML:
- HTML is easy to use, learn and implement.
- No special software is required.
- It contains powerful text formatting facilities (commands/tags).
- An HTML page can be created on any hardware platform using any text editors.
- Hyperlinking facility enables visitor or users to traverse to any HTML document.
- Finding an error is easy.
- If compatibility with user habits, expectations, and multiple platforms is the goal, then, HTML is the only approach to develop an excellent web application.
Disadvantages of HTML:
- HTML is not a programming language in real sense.
- Any calculation cannot be done in HTML, and it cannot be used to display even system date.
- No separate/special debugger is provided.
- Code complexity increases to make a more interactive webpage.
- Complex HTML code is hard to read and understand.
- Syntax errors are not identified or displayed by HTML.