Full form of ATM is Automated Teller Machine: It is used for Financial transaction. It is an electronic Telecommunication device that enables customers of Financial Institute to perform financial transactions.
Many people say that ATM stands for Any Time Money. But No it’s not the Correct Full form of ATM.
John Shepherd Barron is the Founder/Inventor of ATM.
[ Do you know the Meaning of Management ]
First ATM in the world was Installed at Barclays Bank of London on 27 June 1967.
Types of ATM Machine:
On-Site ATM Machine: ATM Machine available inside the Bank.
Off-site ATM Machine: ATM Machine available outside the Bank i.e. Markets, Airport, Railway station, Mall, etc.
White label ATM Machine: ATM Machine which is provided by NBFC [NON-BANKING FINANCIAL COMPANY].
Green label ATM Machine: ATM Machine which is provided for Agriculture process.
Orange Label ATM Machine: ATM Machine use for Share Transaction.
[ Do you know the Full Form of Nasa ]
Yellow Lable ATM Machine: ATM Machine provided for E-commerce purpose.
Pink Label ATM Machine: ATM Machine for Women Banking.
Brown Label ATM Machine: ATM Machine where the service provider owns the hardware of an ATM machine. The responsibility of the that ATM is of Service provider.
Whereas Bank will take responsibility for Cash Mangement in that ATM.
How to Withdraw Money from ATM [Infographic]:
Check the ATM cash Withdraw limit of Different Bank Click here
Things you can do in any ATM:
- Donate your Money: Now you can make a donation to any of your favorite charity, Temples like Kashi Vishwanath, etc.
- Cash Withdrawal: Nowadays everyone knows about Cash Withdrawal
- Balance Inquiry: You can check your current balance form the ATM card with the help of ATM Machine.
- Mini Statement: You can see the last 10 transactions happen in your Account with the help of this feature.
- Recharge your mobile: With the help of these, you can recharge your mobile Balance anytime in nearby ATM.
- PIN change: You can change your 4 digit Personal Identification Number anytime anywhere. make sure you have your register mobile number present with you for Verification.
- Request for checkbook: Now you can request for the checkbook from ATM machine instead of standing in big lines.
- Internal Funds Transfer: You can send money to any of your friends, relatives, a family member who have an account in that Bank.
- Deposit Cash: You can deposit cash directly from an ATM machine instead of going in the bank.
- Apply for Mobile Banking: Now you can directly apply for Mobile banking with one click.
- Open Fixed Deposit: You can open your FD directly from the ATM machine with the help of your card.
- Pay Tax: One can pay the tax directly from the ATM machine.
- Credit Card Bill: You can pay you, Credit Bill with the help of Debit card from ATM counter.
Note – In some ATM few features are not Supported.
How ATM machine Work [Video]:
ATM Card Safety Tips:
Source – ATM Card Safety Tips Infographic
How to Make a Personal ATM Machine with Cardboard [Video]:
Things you don’t know about ATM:
1. When John Shepherd Barron invented ATM there was 6 digit PIN but it was difficult for his wife to remember 6 digit pin so he changed 6 digit pin to 4 digit pin.
2. First floating ATM in the world: SBI Launches Floating ATM in Jhankara (ferry) owned by Kerala Shipping & Inland Navigation Cooperation.
3. On 27 June 1967, the Comedian Reg Varney inaugurated the world first ATM.
Conclusion: Hope all of your doubts related to atm full form would be cleared. If you have any Doubts make sure to ask us in the Comment section.
Happy to Help You.